The DiGiGrid MGO interface gives you the ability to connect any optical MADI-enabled device to Waves SoundGrid.
Optical MADI-to-SoundGrid Interface
Up to 128 channels
Record to two computers simultaneously
Super low-latency: 0.8 milliseconds
Connect with one Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6)
Run hundreds of real-time plugins
Optional single-mode transceiver available
ASIO & Core Audio compliant
The DiGiGrid MGO interface gives you the ability to connect any optical MADI-enabled device to Waves SoundGrid, for networking and processing. Use hundreds of Waves and third-party plugins to record, process and playback up to 128 audio channels, with super-low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds. This compact and portable MADI interface even lets you record to two computers at the same time, so you can use one for virtual soundcheck, the other for backup. Whether you’re in a hotel room, on the tour bus or between flights, you can get to work setting up your next show – on your laptop.
With a DiGiGrid MGO MADI-to-SoundGrid interface and an Ethernet cable, real-time low-latency networking and processing is at your fingertips.
In its most basic mode, connect the MGO straight to your laptop or desktop: You can now record up to 128 channels through your computer’s 1GB Ethernet port, with simultaneous playback of 128 channels.
Add a SoundGrid DSP server and SWI plus Waves MultiRack SoundGrid host application, and now any MADI-compatible live or broadcast console has instant access to real-time low-latency processing.
Does your application demand a higher level of audio quality? A simple configuration change switches the unit over to 96kHz, with 64 channels of recording and 64 channels of simultaneous playback.
And if longer distance optical fiber cable runs are required, simply upgrade either or both of the MGO’s standard multimode transceivers to optional single mode transceivers.
- MADI Optical I/O (SFP)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- 112/128 channel I/O @ 48kHz
- 56/64 channel I/O @ 96kHz
- 56 and 64 channel mode support
- Double wire (48k frame) and single wire (96k frame) @ 96kHz support
- Clock synchronization via Word Clock input, MADI (port A), SoundGrid (Sync over Ethernet), Internal
- 1 SoundGrid RJ45 Ethernet port
- Reset switch
- DiGiCo Stage Rack channel 57 support
Weight and Dimensions
Please refer to the appropriate manual and installers for your SoundGrid Host Application
- User Manual »
- User Manual for Waves V9.5 or Earlier »
- Quick Setup Guide »
- Download DiGiGrid software
The IOX installer includes the relevant drivers and software for your unit: the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver, the SoundGrid Studio Application, the eMotion ST mixer, StudioRack, and the IOX Control Panel.
- SoundGrid Studio System Software
- SoundGrid Studio Application
- eMotion ST Mixer
- MGO Control Panel
The SoundGrid Studio System is the next generation of sound technology. It is a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing to a SoundGrid DSP server and enables your devices to communicate with one another and with the devices of the people you work with. The SoundGrid Studio System integrates seamlessly with all DAWs and DiGiGrid (or other SoundGrid-compatible) I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size—from a single DAW with one DiGiGrid I/O, to an entire network of host computers, I/Os, and SoundGrid DSP servers.
The SoundGrid Studio System Gives You the Power to Do More
- Real-Time Processing – Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously.
- Low-Latency Monitoring – Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency.
- Networking – Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub.
- Seamless Integration – Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver.
- Open Architecture – Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins.
SoundGrid Studio System Software Components
- SoundGrid Studio Application – For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer.
- eMotion ST Mixer – Low-latency monitoring for tracking and rehearsing.
- StudioRack – For running plugin chains, saving and loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server.
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio – Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O.
The SoundGrid Studio Application is your tool for managing all software and hardware connected to the SoundGrid network. With its dynamic I/O mapping ability, the SoundGrid Studio Application lets you configure your SoundGrid network, manage its various components, and set up any combination of drivers and SoundGrid-compatible devices. It also enables I/O sharing between several computers, allowing you to manage their resources from your host computer.
The SoundGrid Studio Application enables you to:
- Configure your SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver and DiGiGrid I/Os. (Auto-configuration Wizard available.)
- Process, mix and monitor in real time (together with StudioRack and the eMotion ST mixer).
- Connect and patch multiple hardware devices and software I/Os.
- Stream audio from and to multiple host computers running different DAWs.
- Create and save your own configuration templates.
- Control the parameters of your DiGiGrid I/Os (channel input gain, phantom power, etc.).
Learn more about the SoundGrid Studio Application at waves.com »
eMotion ST is the mixer part of the SoundGrid Studio System. Combined with StudioRack, it lets you run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring, giving you complex monitor mixing options while recording with your DAW.
eMotion ST is a high-quality mixer with 8 multi-purpose inputs, 64 additional StudioRack input channels, 2 FX busses, 6 mix busses, and a main stereo mix. Since the mixer operates within the SoundGrid network, any DiGiGrid I/O or any available SoundGrid-compatible I/O device, whether hardware or driver-based, can provide it with inputs and outputs.
The eMotion ST mixer can run hundreds of Waves and third-party SoundGrid-compatible plugins in low latency, replacing in this respect the external mixer traditionally used to create monitor mixes for studios and headphones.
- 8 multi-purpose mono/stereo input channels
- 2 stereo FX aux buss/returns and 6 stereo aux buss/returns
- Up to 64 mono channel feeds from StudioRack plugins
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connects to multiple DiGiGrid I/Os and other SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Fully integrates with StudioRack
- Enables use of SoundGrid plugins as standalone processors for any purpose
- Requires at least one DiGiGrid I/O and a SoundGrid DSP server
StudioRack is a software rack dedicated to running plugin chains. The processing of each chain can then be directed to your host computer’s CPU or to a SoundGrid DSP server (if present), as you choose. When you process your plugin chains on a SoundGrid server, StudioRack lets you monitor your tracks in extremely low latency via the eMotion ST mixer. StudioRack is compatible with most popular DAWs, with a dedicated component for Pro Tools TDM and HDX systems which enables you to offload your plugin processing to the SoundGrid server if you choose to use one.
- Compatible with most popular DAWs
- Plugin chains are processed on local CPU or SoundGrid DSP server
- Compatible with Pro Tools HD/HDX and HD Native
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Enables monitoring in super-low latency
- Up to 8 plugins per rack
- Fully automatable
- Plugin chain presets can be loaded on any DAW as well as on MultiRack and eMotion ST
- Instant access to plugin parameters within each chain
- Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
- Avid Control Surface support
- Clock settings: source, sample rate, type, status
- SMUX and Hi-Speed modes available for 96/88.2 kHz operation
- 56/64 channel operation modes
- Save and load presets of unit settings
- Save your settings along with your Waves and SoundGrid host application sessions
Download the DiGiGrid Brochure
Click below to download the latest copy of our brochure. See all we have to offer and more.
Please see below for other products in our range.
News & Updates
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and recieve up to date
information on new products and special offers.