Custom-designed with the control room in mind, the DiGiGrid IOC audio interface features a variety of connectivity options
Audio I/O for Native DAWs
2 mic/line inputs with broadcast-grade preamps
8 line ins/outs, 16 AES ins/outs, ADAT in/out
High-definition 192kHz ADC conversion
Super-low latency: 0.8 milliseconds
Connect with one Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6)
Custom-designed with the control room in mind, the DiGiGrid IOC audio interface features a variety of connectivity options: 2 mic/line inputs with broadcast-grade preamps, 8 line inputs/outputs, 16 AES inputs/outputs, an ADAT input/output, plus two powerful headphone outputs. Plug into the SoundGrid network using a single Ethernet cable, and the IOC will open up a world of real-time tracking, mixing and monitoring, with super-low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds. With the DiGiGrid IOC and a SoundGrid DSP server, you can run hundreds of SoundGrid-compatible plugins from Waves and other developers, all fully integrated within your DAW.
For a list of hosts compatible with DiGiGrid IOC, click here, then scroll down and check under the Support tab.
The IOC installer includes the relevant drivers and software for your unit: the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver, the SoundGrid Studio Application, the eMotion ST mixer, StudioRack, and the IOC Control Panel.
- SoundGrid Studio System Software
- SoundGrid Studio Application
- eMotion ST Mixer
- DiGiGrid IOC Control Panel
DiGiGrid IOC Comes with the Complete SoundGrid Studio System Software by Waves
The SoundGrid Studio System is the next generation of sound technology. It is a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing to a SoundGrid DSP server and enables your devices to communicate with one another and with the devices of the people you work with. The SoundGrid Studio System integrates seamlessly with all DAWs and DiGiGrid (or other SoundGrid-compatible) I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size—from a single DAW with one DiGiGrid I/O, to an entire network of host computers, I/Os, and SoundGrid DSP servers.
The SoundGrid Studio System Gives You the Power to Do More
- Real-Time Processing – Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously.
- Low-Latency Monitoring – Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency.
- Networking – Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub.
- Seamless Integration – Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver.
- Open Architecture – Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins.
SoundGrid Studio System Software Components
- SoundGrid Studio Application – For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer.
- eMotion ST Mixer – Low-latency monitoring for tracking and rehearsing.
- StudioRack – For running plugin chains, saving and loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server.
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio – Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O.
The SoundGrid Studio Application is your tool for managing all software and hardware connected to the SoundGrid network. With its dynamic I/O mapping ability, the SoundGrid Studio Application lets you configure your SoundGrid network, manage its various components, and set up any combination of drivers and SoundGrid-compatible devices. It also enables I/O sharing between several computers, allowing you to manage their resources from your host computer.
The SoundGrid Studio Application enables you to:
- Configure your SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver and DiGiGrid I/Os. (Auto-configuration Wizard available.)
- Process, mix and monitor in real time (together with StudioRack and the eMotion ST mixer).
- Connect and patch multiple hardware devices and software I/Os.
- Stream audio from and to multiple host computers running different DAWs.
- Create and save your own configuration templates.
- Control the parameters of your DiGiGrid I/Os (channel input gain, phantom power, etc.).
eMotion ST is the mixer part of the SoundGrid Studio System. Combined with StudioRack, it lets you run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring, giving you complex monitor mixing options while recording with your DAW.
eMotion ST is a high-quality mixer with 8 multi-purpose inputs, 64 additional StudioRack input channels, 2 FX busses, 6 mix busses, and a main stereo mix. Since the mixer operates within the SoundGrid network, any DiGiGrid I/O or any available SoundGrid-compatible I/O device, whether hardware or driver-based, can provide it with inputs and outputs.
The eMotion ST mixer can run hundreds of Waves and third-party SoundGrid-compatible plugins in low latency, replacing in this respect the external mixer traditionally used to create monitor mixes for studios and headphones.
- 8 multi-purpose mono/stereo input channels
- 2 stereo FX aux buss/returns and 6 stereo aux buss/returns
- Up to 64 mono channel feeds from StudioRack plugins
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connects to multiple DiGiGrid I/Os and other SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Fully integrates with StudioRack
- Enables use of SoundGrid plugins as standalone processors for any purpose
- Requires at least one DiGiGrid I/O and a SoundGrid DSP server
StudioRack is a software rack dedicated to running plugin chains. The processing of each chain can then be directed to your host computer’s CPU or to a SoundGrid DSP server (if present), as you choose. When you process your plugin chains on a SoundGrid server, StudioRack lets you monitor your tracks in extremely low latency via the eMotion ST mixer. StudioRack is compatible with most popular DAWs, with a dedicated component for Pro Tools TDM and HDX systems which enables you to offload your plugin processing to the SoundGrid server if you choose to use one.
- Compatible with most popular DAWs
- Plugin chains are processed on local CPU or SoundGrid DSP server
- Compatible with Pro Tools HD/HDX and HD Native
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Enables monitoring in super-low latency
- Up to 8 plugins per rack
- Fully automatable
- Plugin chain presets can be loaded on any DAW as well as on MultiRack and eMotion ST
- Instant access to plugin parameters within each chain
- Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
- Avid Control Surface support
- Clock settings: source, sample rate, type, status
- Mic preamp controls: input gains, phantom on/off
- Optional sample rate conversion on digital inputs
- Input and output meters
- Save and load presets of unit settings
- Save your settings along with your Waves and SoundGrid host application sessions
One Host Computer, a DiGiGrid IOC and a SoundGrid DSP Server
You probably want to run more plugins. Perhaps you want to record small ensembles and then mix with a large number of plugins, or record and monitor with very low latency.
By adding a SoundGrid DSP server to your SoundGrid network. you can offload your audio processing. This greatly increases the number of plugins you can use simultaneously. Plus, it enables you to use the eMotion ST mixer, which lets you create personalized monitor mixes from your DAW mix and from outside sources, and also allows you to open 64 StudioRacks and use them for low-latency monitoring.
- Host computer (PC or Mac) with a Native DAW (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic, etc.) and SoundGrid Studio software installed.
- DiGiGrid IOC
- SoundGrid DSP server
One Host Computer, a DiGiGrid IOC and a DiGiGrid IOX
Need more I/O channels? Need more headphone outputs?
Add a DiGiGrid IOX, and you get 12 more mic/line inputs with broadcast/studio-quality preamps and 4 more individual headphone outputs. Connect the IOX to the built-in Ethernet switch on the rear of the IOC. You can add up to 8 SoundGrid I/O devices to a single host. Each of these can be accessed by any computer on the network.
Audio and clock pass through the same Ethernet cable. This way of distributing clock is called “Sync over Ethernet” (SoE) and is used between all SoundGrid devices. To clock the entire network to an external clock source such as house sync, use Word Clock or Digital In as clock master for the IOC. If the IOC is the SoE master, the entire network will be locked to this external source.
- DiGiGrid IOC
- DiGiGrid IOX
- Host computer with a Native DAW (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic, etc.)
Running Various DAWs Simultaneously Using a Single DiGiGrid IOC
This configuration is for running audio from multiple DAWs simultaneously and mixing them in real time.
- DiGiGrid IOC
- Host computer with Native DAW
- Computers 2-4 – Native DAWs
- 1 GB network switch
Each of the four computers is connected to the DiGiGrid IOC via a 1 GB network switch, using a single Cat 5e or Cat 6 Ethernet cable.
Every computer in a SoundGrid network uses the SoundGrid driver to stream audio into the SoundGrid network. In this setup, the main host computer running the SoundGrid Studio Application patches between all host computers within the network and configures their ASIO/Core Audio driver’s ins and outs.
- 8x line inputs (25-pin DB25)
- 8x line outputs (25-pin DB25)
- 16x AES/EBU I/O (25-pin DB25)
- 1x ADAT I/O (8 channels @ 48kHz). (4 channels @ 96 kHz and 2 channels @ 192 kHz will be supported in the future)
- 2x Mic inputs (XLR/TRS combo)
- 2x SoundGrid RJ45 Ethernet ports
- 1x Word clock I/O
- 1x AC input
- 2x headphone outputs with analog level knobs
- 1U rack-mounted
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz (176.4 and 192 kHz will be supported in the future)
- Clock Synchronization via Word Clock input, AES/EBU, SoundGrid (SoE), Internal
- Reset switch
- Multiple broadcast level format settings (jumpers on all analog I/Os)
- Mic input impedance: 2K5 Ohms
- Phantom power: 48V
- Line input impedance: 8K0 Ohms
- Mic gain range: 0 dB to +52.5 dB in 7.5-dB steps. Fine control provides an additional 0dB to 7dB in 0.5-dB steps
- Mic maximum input level: +26dB
- Line maximum input level: +36dB
- Mic equivalent input noise: >-126dB (150 Ohm source, Gain +59.5dB)
- Frequency response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- Channel separation: Better than 90dB (40Hz to 15kHz)
- Maximum line output level: +22dBu
- Residual line output noise:<90dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Line output impedance: 50 Ohms
- Channel separation: Better than 90dB (40Hz to 15kHz)
- Harmonic Distortion: Typically <0.01% @ unity gain, -10dB input @ 1kHz
Weight and Dimensions
|1U / 43.6mm||19″ / 482.60 mm||356||4.5Kg|
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Download the DiGiGrid Brochure
Click below to download the latest copy of our brochure. See all we have to offer and more.
Please see below for other products in our range.
News & Updates
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and recieve up to date
information on new products and special offers.