The DiGiGrid Rackmount Quad MADI Interface allows you to record up to 128 channels at 96kHz. Expanding on the DiGiGrid MGB and MGO interfaces, the MGR broadens the MADI range. Housed in a 1U chassis and offering redundant power supplies and a built in switch, the MGR is ideal for all high channel count high sample rate MADI recordings.
With a DiGiGrid MGR MADI-to-SoundGrid interface, high channel count recording and low latency processing is only an Ethernet cable away.
The MGR ships as a Quad BNC MADI Interface, but users can fit optional Optical MADI cards allowing complete compatibility with any MADI console in any environment.
The built in network switch provides both front and rear mounted SoundGrid ports, making redundant recordings possible without any additional hardware, or use the extra SoundGrid network port to connect additional DiGiGrid Interfaces. And for mission critical and broadcast applications, the dual redundant PSU’s ensure uninterrupted operation and guaranteed performance.
Plug the MGR straight into your computer to record up to 128 channels with simultaneous playback of 128 channels. Add a DiGiGrid DGS-XL SoundGrid server and Waves MultiRack SoundGrid host application, and your MADI-compatible live or broadcast console now has real-time low-latency processing capabilities. And if you require a higher level of audio quality, a simple configuration change switches the MGR to 96kHz, while still having 128 channels of recording and 128 channels of simultaneous playback.
- Quad BNC MADI-to-SoundGrid interface
- Optional optical MADI Card available
- Dual Redundant Power Supplies
- Built in SoundGrid network switch
- Plug any MADI-enabled device into SoundGrid
- Record, process* and playback up to 128 channels at 96kHz **
- Record to multiple computers simultaneously
- Compliant with the SoundGrid Studio ASIO / Core Audio driver
** Recording and playback of more than 128 channels at 48kHz requires a 2nd computer
Weight and Dimensions
|1U / 43.6mm||19″ / 482.60mm||306mm||4.6Kg|
DiGiGrid MGR Comes with the Complete Soundgrid Studio System Software by Waves
The SoundGrid Studio System Gives You the Power to Do More
- Real-Time Processing – Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously.
- Low-Latency Monitoring – Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency
- Networking – Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub.
- Seamless Integration – Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver
- Open Architecture – Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins.
SoundGrid Studio System Software Components
- SoundGrid Studio Application – For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer.
- eMotion ST Mixer – Runs plugins in real time for recording, mixing and low-latency monitoring when tracking and rehearsing.
- StudioRack – For running plugin chains, saving and loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server.
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio – Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O.
SoundGrid Studio Application
The SoundGrid Studio Application enables you to:
- Configure your SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver and DiGiGrid I/Os. (Auto-configuration Wizard available.)
- Process, mix and monitor in real time (together with StudioRack and the eMotion ST mixer).
- Connect and patch multiple hardware devices and software I/Os.
- Stream audio from and to multiple host computers running different DAWs.
- Create and save your own configuration templates.
- Access the DiGiGrid I/O Control Panel for controlling the I/O’s parameters
eMotion ST Mixer
eMotion ST is a high-quality mixer with 8 multi-purpose inputs, 64 additional StudioRack input channels, 2 FX busses, 6 mix busses, and a main stereo mix. Since the mixer operates within the SoundGrid network, any DiGiGrid I/O or any available SoundGrid-compatible I/O device, whether hardware or driver-based, can provide it with inputs and outputs.
The eMotion ST mixer can run hundreds of Waves and third-party SoundGrid-compatible plugins in low latency, replacing in this respect the external mixer traditionally used to create monitor mixes for studios and headphones.
- 8 multi-purpose mono/stereo input channels
- 2 stereo FX aux buss/returns and 6 stereo aux buss/returns
- Up to 64 mono channel feeds from StudioRack plugins
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connects to multiple DiGiGrid I/Os and other SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Fully integrates with StudioRack
- Enables use of SoundGrid plugins as standalone processors for any purpose
- Requires at least one DiGiGrid I/O and a SoundGrid DSP server
- Compatible with most popular DAWs
- Plugin chains are processed on local CPU or SoundGrid DSP server
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Enables monitoring in super-low latency
- Up to 8 plugins per rack
- Fully automatable
- Plugin chain presets can be loaded on any DAW as well as on MultiRack and eMotion ST
- Instant access to plugin parameters within each chain
- Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
- Avid Control Surface support
DiGiGrid MGR Control Panel
- Clock settings: source, sample rate, type, status
- SMUX and Hi-Speed modes available for 96/88.2 kHz operation
- 56/64 channel operation modes
- Save and load presets of unit settings
- Save your settings along with your Waves and SoundGrid host application sessions
For further information on how to use the control panel, see the DiGiGrid MGB.